The deadline to apply for ABCD Fuel Assistance has been extended to May 12th, 2017!


Apply Now! Call 617-357-6012.

ABCD's Energy Department administrates the federal Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). LIHEAP offers financial assistance to qualifying low-income households who require support in paying their home heating bills. Applicants must have a gross income at or below 60% of the state median income.

ABCD's Fuel Assistance Program helps more than 20,000 low-income households in Boston, Brookline and Newton pay fuel bills during the heating season. Read below to learn more about eligibility requirements, and to find out where you can access Fuel Assistance near you.

What Do I Bring When I Apply for Fuel Assistance?
  • Proof of income for everyone in your household who is 18 years or older for the past 30 days. If someone is 18 years or older and is a full-time student, submit a letter from their school or college.

  • A Social Security number for everyone 18 years or older.

  • You need to provide identification for the person who is applying:

Please submit only ONE of the following: Proof of TANF, SSA/SSI, Veteran’s Benefits, Pension/Annuity, Mass Health card, copy of your Social Security card, birth certificate, a pay stub with your SS number, a copy of driver’s license or state issued ID card, a copy of your Food Stamp card or Medicaid coverage card, or a copy of your U.S. Military card.

  • Current (most recent) copy of your lease or a paid rent receipt or for homeowners, your mortgage statement